Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opto-Triac Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm looking for an opto-triac chip that be could connected to a pin of a PIC18F452 microcontroller in order to turn on/off a typical bedroom lamp. A model number or link for the datsheet would be much appreciated. I saw how it operates from:

**broken link removed**

But at the input stage-The pin coming out of the PIC18F452 would be connected to pin 1 of the opto-triac but what would pin 2 be connected to?...Ground?

Regards.

Hi,

I'm looking for an opto-triac chip that be could connected to a pin of a PIC18F452 microcontroller in order to turn on/off a typical bedroom lamp. A model number or link for the datsheet would be much appreciated. I saw how it operates from:

**broken link removed**

But at the input stage-The pin coming out of the PIC18F452 would be connected to pin 1 of the opto-triac but what would pin 2 be connected to?...Ground?

Regards.

hi,
Pin 1 of the opto would be connected to the PIC output pin via a 330R resistor and pin 2 connected to 0V, the same 0V as the PIC supply.

If you are running the PIC at +3.3V instead of +5V, then the 330R should be a lower value.

Opto-Triac

Thanks. The 330R would be good because i am using a 5V supply for the PIC. Do you know of a model number for an opto-tiac that i could purchase to use in such a manner?.

Thanks. The 330R would be good because i am using a 5V supply for the PIC. Do you know of a model number for an opto-tiac that i could purchase to use in such a manner?.

hi,
Look at this pdf.

Attachments

• OptoTriac1.pdf
    239.8 KB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back