Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opto coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypogi

hi
my project is to have a circuit that switching on and off from an input voltage
of 1.7vdc. i already have an opto coupler circuit but it uses a 5vdc input voltage.
is there any possible way to redesign this ckt?

Attachments

• opto coupler ckt.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 122
If you change the 10k input resistor to 1k, I think it will work at a lower voltage.

I don't get the 10K in the drawing? The specification for the diode portion of your opto coupler is typical 1.7 Volts Vf at 10 mA If, so 5 - 1.7 = 3.3 / .010 = 330 Ohms so a 330 Ohm resistor would be normally used for 5 volts and not 10K Ohm? I don't get that part. Anyway if you have 1.7 volts and a 1.7 volt forward voltage in theory you don't need a resistor in there but I would try a 10 ohm or 33 ohm simply for the sake of some current limiting. That or try 1 K as suggested and work down.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back