Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opto coupler - B0832/8178

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

I just disassembled a sheap Nokia cellphone charger.

I found this little opto coupler that is printed on B0832 / 8178.

Is there any chance to get it's specs? I've searched on net for it but cannot find any relevant info.

I can always get it to function by testing, but I want it's specs.

It have four legs,rectangular shaped (about 8x5 mm I guess)

Thanks

Sometimes the actual part number is printed on the underside of the chip (SMD). (got me buggered why)

So you might need to remove the chip from the board to find the actual part number.

Then i am hesitant to to say this in case you go to the trouble and find no number on the under side.

Pete.

It was a cheap one, yes.

I don't think I would go for further dissasembling, as the regulator circuit actually works. But it's plastic housing was very poor. Maybe I can use the regulator to something :)

Thanks tendi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back