Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optically isolated analog voltage chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred.Amoson

Hello,

I am looking to optically isolate an analog voltage. Can anyone recommend a chip that I give an analog input voltage, and it outputs the same analog voltage, but optically isolated? I know I can use optical transistors, but a chip would be much nicer.

Thanks!

It's difficult to do this in a linear accurate fashion, and as you require power on the primary side anyway, it would be easier to do the conversion there, and send digital data over the isolator (a PIC would be good!).

What is your exact application?.

We use HCPL7800 where I work and we are very happy with it (note if you do use it pin3 MUST be shorted to pin4, there is a note in the datasheets that says it may improve lineararity... IT DOES!!!!)

Also LEM do a hall-effect based voltage-sense, these are also equally good

Analog Devices **broken link removed** also sells a number of isolation amplifiers that may work for you requrements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back