Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optical, triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua17ss2

Im trying to see if the parts i have a suffient, i am building a control board and just wana turn lights on and off, i have 50 H11D2 optoisolators, data sheets easy to find on ebay. they say there rated for 300, i want to use them to drive triacs rated at 200volts 1 amp. i wana make sure that i and my microcontroller will be safe. and help will be greatly appriciated.

josh

It is an opto-transistor for driving DC, not AC.
Most triacs are turned on with AC from an MOC-30xx opto-triac driver.

So i can use this optoisolator to run high voltage DC loads like motors. and solinoid valves ?

The triacs i bought were labled sensative gate triacs, does that mean anything? L2001L3 Sensitive Gate Triac 200 Volt 1 Amp.
would the MOC-3022 do the triac switching?

thanks
josh

The datasheet for the MOC3022 shows that its max voltage is 400V and its LED needs a max current of 10mA for the triac part to latch when its main terminal has 3V or more.
the datasheet has a circuit of it connected to a larger triac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back