Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optical Sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickens1127

I'm building a vending machine. Basically, I've designed a way that make sure the coin you put in is a quarter, but then I need an optical sensor. I can put electrical tape on the other side of the sensor, so there is very little light and the sensor will capture very little voltage. However, when a shiny quarter passes through, I need an optical sensor to send enough voltage to maybe a solenoid, which will momentairly let a little candy out of the opening. I have photo diodes, but would this work? Is there somewhere I can get a sensor and get it done with shipping for $10?

In addition, could I find a really BIG capacitator so it takes three quarters to store up enough energy?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back