Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open Protocols/Implementations

Status
Not open for further replies.

daaBRAT

I wanted to know if there are any (legal not technical) issues involved in releasing an open-source implementation of a protocol....

Eg. I wanted to make an open-source implementation of the Zigbee Protocol - which can interact with other Zigbee devices just like any proprietary product (let's call it Open-Bee :lol: )

Could someone send me some pointers to something like this having been done in the past with other protocols... :?:

There is no problem of doing this at all
teh GNOKII project did this with nokia phones

The only problem exists IF you somehow got hold of the actual code that they use and implemented just like that - that is a nono but you are unlikly to see the code

The kernel source lot have implemented alot of Microsoft NTFS driver by reverse engineering the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back