Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open Frame Solenoids

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlep

I'm doing a school project now that uses an open frame solenoid to automatically open a drawer. I need help for the driver circuit for the solenoid. Can you pls give me some suggestions....

Still about solenoids

the solenoid is an open frame 12V DC solenoid. can u pls give me some specifications and descriptions about the NA51 transistor?

Re: Still about solenoids

marlep said:
the solenoid is an open frame 12V DC solenoid. can u pls give me some specifications and descriptions about the NA51 transistor?

u said only 12v , what about the resistance of that?
i'm sorry is didn't find anything for na51.. what r u going to do with it?

open frame solenoid

my project is a pc interfaced mini automated library using the parallel port. It consist of ten drawers which will automatically open (using solenoid to unlock the lock) once selected. I need some suggestions on what type of decoder will i use? Parallel Port-Decoder-Solenoid Driver-Solenoid-Drawer.

i'l be using only the data output of the parallel port, D0 to D7.

just wanna ask, if you know what decoders generate logic high outputs

open frame solenoid

i need some suggestions on how to connect the sensor circuit of my project to the parallel port. The sensor will serve as an input, everytime the sensor is cut, it will update the database. There are 10 sensors.

Re: open frame solenoid

marlep said:
i need some suggestions on how to connect the sensor circuit of my project to the parallel port. The sensor will serve as an input, everytime the sensor is cut, it will update the database. There are 10 sensors.
so ur sensor will(should) output 0-5V , connect it to the standard i/p pins (10,11,12,13,15) of the LPT , if u r using dos/linux+c/c++ , an inportb will get the pin status.
for 10 sensors u need to multiplex the data.
refer **broken link removed**

open frame solenoid

yes the output of my sensor is 0-5V. I'm using visual basic for the interfacing. can i use encoder for the 10 sensors?

sensor as an input to the parallel port

what multiplexer can i use to my 10 sensors? can i just connect it to pins D4-D7? D0-D3 are already used for my solenoid driver used to open the drawer. My project as a whole is like this, it is like an automated library. The user will login and borrow books using the computer. The books are placed individually in a drawer. Once a book inside that drawer is selected, the drawer will automatically open. There is a sensor placed on the drawer, if the user will get the book, the sensor will be cut. Once the sensor is cut, the database will be updated that, that book is unavailable already. Hope u'l have time to help me with this one. I'm already done with the drawer. my problem now is how to connect the sensor to the parallel port port which will serve as an input.

still on sensor connections to the parallel port

is there a multiplexer that has 10 inputs?

Re: still on sensor connections to the parallel port

marlep said:
is there a multiplexer that has 10 inputs?

Give it a little thought?.

Three inputs allow 8 outputs (binary 0 to 7), four inputs (binary 0 to 15) obviously allow 16 outputs - 10 isn't a round binary number.

So you need four pins for a multiplexer, and ignore the six you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back