Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

open cavity PGA package pin numbering/ PCB pin numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip_confused

Hi. i have this open cavity Pin Grid Array (PGA) package with 68 pins, 17 bonding pads on one side in the inner die cavity(square). I will have to bond wires from die to the inner cavity pins. However, i don't know how are the inner bonding pins connected to the bottom of the PGA package pins. Does anyone know how are the pins connected top to bottom? i needed that to determine how the PCB connecting wires should be... Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• PGA_68_11X11.gif
    PGA_68_11X11.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 201
  • PGA_85_11X11.gif
    PGA_85_11X11.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 172
I do not understand what you want.
Are you designing a PCB?
What part number are you using?

Have you even bothered to just read the datasheet of your PGA device? Because although the same pin numbering is often used for packages, it is not always necessarily the same. And how do you know where to bond if you don't even know what the pins do in the first place? (again, the datasheet).

If you, for some reason, know where the wires go without knowing what the part is and are only after standard pin numbering you might try googling around until you find a PGA part and look at it's datasheet and copy the pin numbering from there (though PGA parts do seem to be hard to find).

I wish there were more PGA parts especially for big chips- I just found out you can wire wrap them! No expensive 8-layer boards!

Last edited:
i'm sorry. i am using an old stock of chip package and have just mailed the manufacturer for the datasheet. Solved the pin numbering problems. thanks for looking into the problem tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back