Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey all.
I saw the thread "Dual or single supplies for opamps" - but there are no information about IN, so I need to ask u the question:

I have a ciruit as shown in the jpg image.
when known:
Vdc>0
V1<=Vdc
Vout>0

In the calculation I have -R1/R2*Vdc, but Vout always positive.
Can I conenct the amp to single power supply or I have connect it to the dual one.
please explane.

thanks ahead.

Attachments

• amp1.JPG
    amp1.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 111
You need a bipolar supply for this circuit.

Whilst it's possible to use a virtual earth circuit and just one supply, all the signals comming into and out of the op-amp need to be referenced to the virtual earth.

You can make a virtual earth with another op-amp so you could use a dual op-amp like the TL082.

Linked below is thread which deals with virtual earths.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/5v-supply-from-two-7805s.39621/

Since the circuit you show is a non-inverting amp with gain, you can use a single supply only if the op amp is capable of rail-to-rail input and output voltages. A standard op amp, such as a 741, will only operate to within a couple volts or so of the supply rails.

So it is, I didn't notice that, so yes, you can use a single supply op-amp like the LM358.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back