Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuck

Can anyone tell me what is the main features of an ideal operational amplifier, and how the pratical amplifier deviate from the idealizead model?

tuck said:
Can anyone tell me what is the main features of an ideal operational amplifier, and how the pratical amplifier deviate from the idealizead model?
hi,

I would suggest you visit: www.analog.com and search the application notes for opa's,, there are also tutorials.

tuck said:
Can anyone juz give me the answer? coz i really need it later on.pls...

hi tuck,
I am not being difficult, but to fully answer your question would take pages!:)

An ideal opa:
Infinite input impedance
Zero output impedance.
Zero voltage offset
Zero drift
Infinite bandwidth
Able to swing the Vout from rail to rail voltage.
........etc

The practical opa cannot meet all these requirements, in one way or another.

Does this help?

Thanks for all the information. I do found those defination at wikipedia, but i juz don't know how to explain "how and why pratical amplifier deviate from the idealized model".

Keep in mind that opamps are physical electronics systems. Physical systems never have infinite anything, and they are susceptible to any kind of error exposed that you can think of.

tuck said:
Thanks for all the information. I do found those defination at wikipedia, but i juz don't know how to explain "how and why pratical amplifier deviate from the idealized model".

Think of it as simply perfect theory Vs practical reality. For instance noise is not a component in a perfect op-amp but in reality they all generate a certain amount of internal noise. If low noise is a requirement then one would select from the many op amps available for the one with the lowest noise specifications that meets the circuit requirements. This same selection process would apply to all the various specifications and is part of any initial design, matching circuit parameter requirements to device specifications.

Lefty

tuck said:
This sounds like college work to me, when is the deadline?

Sounds like you missed yesterday's lecture and there will be a quiz tomorrow.

It's time to ask one of your classmates what they learned. Or read your textbook.

[edit] If you have the time, read the Wikipedia article. If you don't, then please stop wasting ours.[/edit]

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi tuck,
I am not being difficult, but to fully answer your question would take pages!:)

An ideal opa:
Infinite input impedance
Zero output impedance.
Zero voltage offset
Zero drift
Infinite bandwidth
Able to swing the Vout from rail to rail voltage.
........etc

The practical opa cannot meet all these requirements, in one way or another.

Does this help?
There isn't an op-amp that even meets any of the ideal criteria.

Hero999 said:
There isn't an op-amp that even meets any of the ideal criteria.

I am fully aware of that fact!
I was keeping it as simple as possible in view of the OP's very limited knowledge.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back