Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op-amp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Maybe this is a silly question....

Is it possible to apply a level shift to a transimpeedance amplifier? I searched google and only got patents as results... this tells me no!

you can pull the input signal up to whatever level you want. It works like a linear combination circuit. If you use a voltage source make sure the input resistor is equal to the feedback resistor so your offset gain is unity.

I was thinking of using a PIC Comparator reference voltage, output directly to V+ input.

The currents I'm measuring are quite small (100pA min). Could noise on the reference be a problem? Perhapps decoupling required?

In that case, Vout= V+ - Rf* Iin
Although bias current and offset voltage may make life miserable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back