Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Question (Need to amp DAC Output)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

I'm sending a signal (voltage) from my DAC to an op amp, I need it to be the same voltage when done (ie: if i have 4.7V leaving the dac, i need 4.7V coming out of the amp, but with more power... I just picked 4.7V as a high example, I know most amps dont go near rail to rail, but i might be able to supply it w/ 12V if NEEDED, But I think most of my signals will be from 1.0 to 3.0)

Do i use a LM386 or LM741 ??? (I read somwhere one is voltage and the other is power...)

I tried hooking these up earlier today, But i think i hooked them up wrong cause my dac signal seemed to get 'lost' and both just ouput Vdd... (not what i want)

I also read somwhere that you'de want a ~10k R on the input from the dac... But I cant figure out WHY... My dac is only putting out .5mA, and the OpAmp can take more then that in... What is the R for ?

Thanks!

You want to configure your op-amp as a voltage follower. You can just tie the inverting input to the output (i.e. make Rf=0) and feed your signal into the non-inverting input. The 741 would not be the best choice for a precision system, but for most lab bench purposes it works just fine. You may run into issues though b/c you normally need a couple of volts between your rails and your maximum output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back