Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OP amp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesse

Hi all
I have a sensor that outputs 2.5V to 4V and is trying to convert that into 0-5V. I'm using one inverting OP amp with it's non-inverting input to a voltage divider to set the 2.5V ref. and this works, outputing 5-0V. But I can't figure out how to follow that with another inverting OP to get 0-5V...
Any suggestions?

Similar to what you already did. Add another inverting op amp with a gain of 1 and the non-inverting output connected to the same 2.5V ref.

Hi Nesse,

Try this one.

on1aag.

Attachments

• Mys(t)ery circuit.GIF
    Mys(t)ery circuit.GIF
    8.5 KB · Views: 253
Thanks On1aag, that's a very clever idea :)
I only have 5V available, so first I didn't think I should try along that line, but I can get a MAX871 inverter in a sot-23, so it will work perfectly, thanks :)

The MAX871 is a voltage power inverter. How are you planning on using it? Are you trying to output minus 5V? I though you were trying to output 0 to plus 5V.

Hi all
I have a sensor that outputs 2.5V to 4V and is trying to convert that into 0-5V.

So the output goes into a 2.5v level shifter (a zener and resistor) and then into a gain block with gain = 5/(4-2.5) = 3.3. (a transistor and a few resistors).

How accurate do these levels need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back