Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op -amp for MFBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman0_o

Hey guys, I'm new to the op amp thing and was wondering what op - amp would suit a spectrum analyzer I plan on building (audio) about 20-20KHz. MFBF = Multiple Feedback Bandpass Filter, the set up I plan on using. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Many audio spectrum analyser circuits use a multiple-feedback-bandpass-filter circuit for each frequency band. There might be many of them.
Use an audio opamp like a TL07x or an OPAx134. They are low noise, low distortion and wideband.

A lousy old lM358, LM324 and 741 opamp is horrible for audio.

Many audio spectrum analyser circuits use a multiple-feedback-bandpass-filter circuit for each frequency band. There might be many of them.
Use an audio opamp like a TL07x or an OPAx134. They are low noise, low distortion and wideband.

A lousy old lM358, LM324 and 741 opamp is horrible for audio.

AG, have you used the MCP6001? I would like to know your opinion of it. I've used this part in a few projects, mainly due to its low cost and low power consumption, but I have not evaluated it for audio circuits that demand some decent fidelity. Any comments?

MCP6001?
0.6v/us is too slow for high end audio.
1mhz is too slow for gain over 10.
I do not like to use R-R input amplifiers for audio.
5 volt supply max!
-----------------------
If you use inverting amplifier, gain of 20 or less, P-P output voltage of under 1 volt.....maybe

I agree that the MCP6001 opamp is too slow for audio.
It also has low gain, it is noisy and since the datasheet says nothing about distortion it might have high crossover distortion like the similar low power LM358 and LM324 opamps. Its max supply voltage is so low that it might be clipping all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back