Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op-amp current sensing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mah

i tested the attached circuit again but i forgot to connect pin3 ( red circle ) the chip got hot and burnt up for the second time . i don't know why . also i measured the signal on zero ohm resistor it was 8.3 mv the output was .83 volt which mean that the gain is 101 not 51 however gain=1+1000/20 = 51 , i also tried another resistor and i got the same results the output multiplied by 2 ,i tried lm358 and it give the same results.

Attachments

• mcp.jpg
    mcp.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 181
I don't know why.
Maybe you have 8 and 4 mixed up in the wiring. That will burn up the IC.

I don't know why.
Maybe you have 8 and 4 mixed up in the wiring. That will burn up the IC.
no it is not , because it was working when this wire was connected
but the ground of supply +5 v of the op amp was connected to pin3 instead of ground , could that be the reason as i read in datasheet its analog input Vss-0.3 max . could that wiring applied -5v on the input ?

The circuit you posted has a gain of 12,001.

How can you measure any voltage across a "zero ohm resistor".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back