Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Circuit Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raflyer

Hi all,
I am having an issue with a little circuit I built utilizing a 272 op amp. The signal coming into the op amp is a -.057 to -3.57Vdc. I built this little circuit to Invert the input and scale it up a small amount. Here is the formula, -.057vdc = 1 nautical mile So i am using this op amp to scale and invert the input and it's output goes to a simple panel meter. Per the simple diagram below, RF= 15K Rin= 8.7K I also have a 1K on the non-inverting input on the gnd side. I have 15Vdc feeding the op amp single polarity pwr supply and Vin is the aforementioned -.057 to -3.5Vdc This all worked the first couple of times I used it. But one time when I shut off power to my motion system , the meter blinked and since then circuit does this. It doesn't Invert the input and it isn't scaling it up anymore. So now when the input is say -2.0Vdc the output is -.44Vdc. I hope this all makes since?? Did I take a surge through the gnd and fry the op amp? I am at a total loss. I have had this happen to 2 op amps now. What should I do? Thanks for your help

Rob

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Couple of questions:
The input is a negitive .057 to a negitive 3.57? If so it won't work on a single supply.

Couple of questions:
The input is a negitive .057 to a negitive 3.57? If so it won't work on a single supply.

Luckily I have a dual polarity power supply, +15Vdc -15Vdc so instead of Gnd Pin 4 which is the op amp gnd, i should take it the -15vdc Correct?

Ok, I hooked up -15Vdc to pin 4 which is - side of the 272. Now my Vin = Vout. There is no amplification at all going on. I must have fried the 272 op amp??

The TLC272 is only good with up to 18 volts across it. Maybe a +/- 5 volt supply?
That one is toast.

Thanks for the help! I am going to order an LM358 as it has a higher voltage capability on dual supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back