Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OP AMP and transformers what differ? In OP AMP both I & V get bigger or ... (what abo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lse123

OP AMP and transformers what differ? In OP AMP both I & V get bigger or ... (what about Energy Conservation, how works?)?

OP AMP and transformers what differ? In OP AMP both I & V get bigger or ... (what about Energy Conservation, how works?)?

hi,
For OPA the 'extra' power appearing between the input signal and output is drawn from the power supplies to the OPA... so the laws of conservation are not violated.

Regarding transformers, none are perfect, so you will always get less 'power' out than you put in,, again the laws of conservation are not violated.

OK.?:)

Transformers either step up voltage and step down current

OR

step down voltage and step up current, so the power gain is less than unity due to core losses.

OpAmps can step up both simultaneously, thus they have power gain.

Last edited:
Yes, op-amps are not perpetual motion machines, they require a separate power supply and make a huge loss, in fact they're pretty inefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back