Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ooops!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

Just an update on my component sourcing, i thought you guys might be interested in:

After spending much time searching for my bits, i wanted to recommend 'small bear electronics' and 'futurlec', i found quite a few companies that stocked the obsolete parts that i needed but i would have had to have made minimum order of 75-100 which was way beyond what i needed, the companies above do 1's and 2's off if thats all you need, the postage came to more than my parts though.

Oh yeah, when my LM3900 arrived, i was so excited, i went straight to my workshop and swapped out the LM324, i powered up the circuit and ........nothing!!! after scoping around for a few mins, i realised i had laid out my veroboard for the LM324 and they arn't pin for pin replacements.....DOH!

Now i have to start again and lay it all out for the new device, i hope i havn't destroyed it! although i did buy 3 of them just in case.

Neil.

Read the other dozen posts that have been made here about Futurelec, it's a grab bag, as much as their parts are. Glad your experience was good though. Never rely on them.

I really dig Small Bear! Great site for "stomp box" effects, parts, and how-to articles! The prices are very fair!

If you only have two good ones left, leave out the part, power the board and measure the VCC and VEE pins to make sure they are wired correctly before powering down and inserting the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back