Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One unit of 3-phase rectifier bridge vs Three units of 1-phase rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsan_a

Hi All,

In terms of efficiency, does it matter if I use Three units of 1-phase rectifier to rectify my phases and then add them together? The reason is to monitor the events during an experiment.

Thanks

If you want full-wave rectification, then the 3-phase bridge uses fewer diodes.

You can rectifry 3 phase with just 2 full wave bridges, connect 2 phases to one bridges ac connections, and just connect the third phase to either of the ac connections on the second bridge, and then connect the + and -'s togther on both.

Hi All,

In terms of efficiency, does it matter if I use Three units of 1-phase rectifier to rectify my phases and then add them together? The reason is to monitor the events during an experiment.

Thanks

No, it does not. Costing . . . Yes.

Ramesh

You can rectifry 3 phase with just 2 full wave bridges, connect 2 phases to one bridges ac connections, and just connect the third phase to either of the ac connections on the second bridge, and then connect the + and -'s togther on both.

You would get slightly better efficiency at no cost, but some asymmetry, by connecting the unused ac connection on the second bridge to any one of the input phases.

Yes maybe by effectively paralleling the diodes.
If your using the bridge to measure then maybe this isnt a good strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back