Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one touch window

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboed13b

i want to make a one touch window for my car. i was thinking of if the switch is pushed for more than a second it would work manually then when it is pushed for less than a second it would automatically go up or down. i know i need some kind of threshold so it will stop automatically and it would also need a relay. how would i go about doing this?

Last edited:
Get a drivers window switch unit from a GM car(mine is a 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix). The switch unit has a ready built circuit board in it that does what you want.

will i be able to wire that in with my switch already? i don't want to try to retrofit the gm piece in my car as it won't match the rest of my car. i think most switches in newer cars use three one for up then to for down one is manual then when clicked further down it will be auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back