Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One shot upon power-up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue1

I would like to build a circuit that will give a single pulse after power-up.Problem is I would like it to be approx. 10 seconds after power-up.When the circuit is powered down,it will reset and the whole process will start over again upon power up.Thank you for the help.... :p

timer

:D hi,

what you need is an astable circuit. check out my post last Jan. 14, 2004, you will the formula to use. :D

Thank you for the reply,and the great formulas... :) ...I am familiar with the 555,but what I want to do with this circuit might not have been written clearly by me.Upon power up,I would like a single pulse about 10 seconds after.Then the circuit would power down,or at least stop pulsing.Now a 555 can be set up for a single pulse,but how do I do it approx. 10 seconds after power up,as it would pulse again at some point.My thoughts were to use a cd 4017 counter on the 555 pulse,then set up the time interval so I could use one of the outputs of the 4017 approx. 10 seconds after power-up.The next output I can tie into a flip-flop,or latching relay to shut down the circuit,or pulsing.I think this setup will work,but I like to keep things simple,and feel this can be done by simpler means.Thank you for the help... :lol:

Power on reset

A Hex Schmitt Trigger such as the 40106 would be much simpler.
Design 2 RC timers in tandem. The first would time the 10 sec, the second 1 sec. Then use an AND gate to provide the 1 sec pulse.

Len

Maybe this is a simple solution...

Attachments

• 4538.JPG
    4538.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 805
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back