Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one shot timer in a 24V system

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad@agtronic

Hi,
I am running a 24Volt DC system. I have a relay that is controlling another device that is a different voltage. I have a 24V trigger to the relay circuit that occurs randomly. I would like the trigger to trip a timer that would keep the relay active for about 500 mS. If the 24V trigger comes in before the timer runs out it will refresh that timer.

I was going to go the 555 timer route but I can't find anything that will run at 24V. I do not want to put a regulator into the circuit.

thank you for your help.

Bradley

Hi,
I am running a 24Volt DC system. I have a relay that is controlling another device that is a different voltage. I have a 24V trigger to the relay circuit that occurs randomly. I would like the trigger to trip a timer that would keep the relay active for about 500 mS. If the 24V trigger comes in before the timer runs out it will refresh that timer.

I was going to go the 555 timer route but I can't find anything that will run at 24V. I do not want to put a regulator into the circuit.

thank you for your help.

Bradley

hi,:)
You could easily make a transistorised retriggerable monostable.
Using MPS2222a transistors, see this link.

Multivibrator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back