Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One shot or 10Hz trigger source

Status
Not open for further replies.

IONtheFROG

I would like to build a pulse generator that can be used as a single shot or in 10Hz mode by simply flipping a toggle switch to select one mode or the other. The ICs I currently have that would be suitable are:

DM96S02

*I may have a couple of other common TTL or CMOS devices floating around that can be used as well.

My thought for the 555 timer to achieve 10Hz:
Short pins 2 & 6
Series 33K + 39K ohms between pins 3 & 6
1uF cap from pin 2 to ground

Application of this circuit:
To drive a (large) photo flash circuit.

555 solution

from what i get from your problem, I think a simple monostable set up of a 555 timer may save the problem. The time delay is easily calculated with the formula: time constant = C1 * R1, a time constant is the amount of time a capacitor takes to charge something like 63.2% of the remaining charge. A 555 triggers at 2/3 of vcc (with a 9v power to chip itll trigger when capacitor is at 6 volts) adjust it like you need...

If youre not a techno-peasant or anything, sorry, im just a student in electronics so i try to explain it in simplest term, i hope that helps.

DARowland711

timer circuit

:D hi,

am not sure what you want base on your post, you said you need a one shot trigger but on the circuit connection you have cited it was configured to funtion as a self resetting circuit. if what you really need is a one shot, then do the monostable mode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back