Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

One 555 timer for 3 IR led at 38kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinoth

Hi,
I designed an IR transmitter with frequency of 38khz. Now I need three similar IR transmitter. Is there any need to create separate oscillator circuit or Can I use output in parallel combination. To generate 38khz I used 555 timer.

You can use the output in parallel. Give each led it's own resistor.

If your driving voltage is greater than the sum of the voltage drops of the IR LEDs, you can put 2 or all 3 in series. This will reduce the stress on the 555's driver.

If you can't put them in series, and the total pull from all the leds is more than the 555's rating (usually a few hundred ma) then you only need to add a single transistor to drive many more. There's no need to build 3 separate oscillators.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back