Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On-off Infrared Remote Control Schematic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony18183

Hi all, I am having problem on the implementation of the circuit. Can somebody show me howto build IC3 , IC2.A , IC2.B (D Flip flop)

what is D2? and (14)IC2(7) ?

many thanks

link:**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

14 and 7 are the pin numbers for power and ground on IC 2. D2 appears to be a 15 volt zener diode.

Last edited:
So, i have to link pin 7 to pin 14.
No that will short your power supply. The point labeled 14 connects to pin 14 of the IC. And the one labeled 7 connects to pin 7.
Your Wiki link doesn't work, Im not sure if you can replace the 74HC74 with a single 4011. If you can't find a 74HC74 a 4013 is a good replacement.

Last edited:
You don't build them thay are chips! IC2.A , IC2.B are parts of the same chip. As per the note on the schematic IC-2 is a 74HC74 TTL chip, look up the data sheet and it will show you what pins 7 and 14 are. The note for IC-3 is down lower its an AC optocoupler part number MOC3041. D2 is noted as a 15volt .4 watt zener diode, a part number 1N5352 will work.

Thanks 4pyros, You are my savior.

do you mean IC-3 is MOC3041? However, MOC3041 got 6 pin. Howto do the connection in the circuit? In addition, IC3 got an LED reside within as indicated by the author. No found any LED in MOC3041...

Please enlighten me,,,,guys

do you mean IC-3 is MOC3041? However, MOC3041 got 6 pin. Howto do the connection in the circuit? In addition, IC3 got an LED reside within as indicated by the author. No found any LED in MOC3041...

hi,
You do realise that this circuit is NOT isolated from the mains supply! and if touched, could give you a serious electrical shock.

There is an emitter diode in the MOC3041.

As your electrical knowledge is obviously very limited, my advice would be to choose an isolated version of this circuit

Look up the data sheet for the opto and be carefull with the mains voltage.

Last edited:
eric, thanks for yr advice.

Adding transformer and rectified will occupy more space which i not intend to do. Furthermore, if I modify the circuit myself, which involve many calculation, i have not much confidence in myself either.

eric, thanks for yr advice.

Adding transformer and rectified will occupy more space which i not intend to do. Furthermore, if I modify the circuit myself, which involve many calculation, i have not much confidence in myself either.

Why would you want to modify the circuit.???

if add transformer and rectified to isolate the circuit fr the main supply, isnt it required to change the component (and the path perhaps) since it is design to 230V

Hi guys,

I got some more question hope to be resolved. The grounding point labeled 7 and C1 connected to green grounding wire (from main supply)? Not Chasis grounding or PCB grounding, correct?

What is the best replacement for IR receiver Sony SBX 1620-52 (3 pin)? My best shoot is SIEMEN SFH506-36. Any suggestion?

The grounding point labeled 7 and C1 connected to green grounding wire (from main supply)? Not Chasis grounding or PCB grounding, correct?
No thay go to the commen line on the bottom thay just did not draw it all the way down.

Yes the green wire from the plug goes to the chassie, but if you did not know that than maybe you should not be playing with mains voltage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back