Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Olly's serial servo project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewB

Hi everyone, I hope someone is still reading this thread .. I built the serial servo project Olly's one. The circuit seems to work fine also I checked the MAX232 "+" and "-" 10 voltages and they are correct @ 8.9v. I also checked that the PIC16F84 had +5v from the regulator and everything is fine. I also have made connection with the serial port to Olly's servo software. But when I power on the circuit all the servo does is it just twitch a bit to the left and nothing happens then when I enable the servo and try to move the direction :S I burned the .HEX code from Olly's website the one for the PIC16F84, but although the burning program says PIC programmed successful there is nothing happening :S

I hope that someone here can help me a bit .. or has encountered similar problems. I don't know what I'm doing wrong ..

Thanks in advance matthew

Have you got the crystal attached? Have you programmed the correct oscillator configuration bits in the 'F84?

Can you measure any signal on any pins? do you have access to an oscilloscope?

Last edited:
Hi yes I have the 4Mhz crystal connected and about programming: I just burned the .hex code that Olly has given out. I tried to connect an LED to the PIC's outputs and connect the serial to the software but still nothing happens. Yes I have access to an oscilloscope in school ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back