Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Olimex(Sparkfun) LCD Dev Board and 'C'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderman

Hi All,
I've just received an Olimex (Sparkfun) LCD Developement board to have a play with.
This uses an 18F8490, but the Olimex website, and any info I've been able to dig up for it all relates to programs written in 'C'.
I am an avid ASM programmer and not really got into 'C' in any big way, but have been unable to find any example programs in ASM anywhere.
Can anyone point me in any direction where I may be able to find some ASM based applications/examples etc. ?
Thanks

Hi All,
I've just received an Olimex (Sparkfun) LCD Developement board to have a play with.
This uses an 18F8490, but the Olimex website, and any info I've been able to dig up for it all relates to programs written in 'C'.
I am an avid ASM programmer and not really got into 'C' in any big way, but have been unable to find any example programs in ASM anywhere.
Can anyone point me in any direction where I may be able to find some ASM based applications/examples etc. ?
Thanks

hi,
Have you tried the Microchip Technology Inc. - a Leading Provider of Microcontroller and Analog Semiconductors site they have assembler code samples.

Look here:
Search

Last edited:
Hi Eric,
Thanks for your quick reply, yes I've had a quick look at those, and I've read a fair ammount of the 18F8490 data sheet as well, I am particularly looking for code examples related to the Olimex LCD-Dev board, to try and not 're invent the wheel' so to speak if there is sample code that I can pinch and integrate to get to grips with it before I start a product developement using it.
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back