Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old & useless Pc parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Fisher

Hi Guys!
How can i use old and useless parts of a computer in the field of electronic and robotics ...( All of the parts except the motherboard and monitor.) ??
However i should gave it free to someone or sold it much lower price ...
Are the Computer parts used in these fields?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you are trying to build. I salvage parts off of boards all the time. You can get all kinds of neat stuff off pcbs, especially power supplies. Motherboards usually have too many tiny components for the average shmoe to use. You can pull motors off of printers and use that for steppers etc.

If the computer is running and not too ancient you could donate it to your favorite charity.

Last edited:
PC power supplies can be modified to give different output currents/voltages...

Assuming you have the competance to do it...

The power supplies often have some neat torroidal inductors and transformers. I've seen some high-quality home brew switching power supplies that use them.

Inside a hard disk you'll find a magnet so powerful, that you'd need to pry it off anything it sticks to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back