Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

old ic data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul(nc)

I am in need of a data sheet for a (around) 1995 Itt data sheet.

the following info is on the chip----

ITT
KEFA 796
1 211 016 1048
-----------^ this digit might be a 9 or an 8. it is hard to reed

the chip is in a jet ski tach. I have gotten no help from the Mfg. of the ski or ITT

can alternate Ics be used????

thanks for any help paul EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not likely to get any help from anyone else either. I'm sad to say that it is most likely a custom ASIC. Outside of a few application engineers and the ASIC designer there is probably no written or electronic material that is publically available. The companies pay enormous sums of money to develop chips like this and are loath to reveal their secrets.

At least it's not a blob of black epoxy which has been the subject of numerous forum inquiries. Can you believe that people actually take offense at the concept? "You actually sold me a piece of electronics that I can't identify, disassemble, and tinker with? The nerve - the unmittigated cheek"!

Can you get a replacement tachometer assembly?

Last edited:
Also no one's going to email you, we only deal with requests on the open forum so others can also learn. I certainly wouldn't post my email address because I would get loads of spam.

INHOUSE number for sure.

I have Spam Blocking Programs but some still get thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back