Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old Computer Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a MP3 player once using old pc parts

Any pentium above a P75 will do (preferably below P133, they can be run with only a heatsink, reducing the noise) , couple of megs of ram and a hard drive to store the mp3'z on
Also, a sound card (obviously), and an old keyboard (to take apart and use the controller chip)...

Put this all in a small case, put some buttons on the front (play, pause...) using the keyboard controller, an hd44780 LCD driven from the parallel port and write some software for it and you've got yourself an standalone MP3 player to connect to your stereo set.
you could also use an old cdrom drive to play mp3 directly from cd, or a netwerk connection to upload music...

Search the net a bit, lots of ppl done similar project.

Wire them togeter whith high speed network cards and you have a super computer. (Efcouse you need a cupel of 500 - 800 MHz procesors)

Or is you have a DSL internet conection you cod use it as a web server (Some providers bock the HTTP port to prevent this(Mine not))

Or get togeter some motors and sensors to build an robot (Hmm... It cod be a lot smarter than to PIC controled ones)

Or use the parts to make somting else (I sen how to make an robot out of 2 flopys,2 CDs and some electonic parts)

Think if somting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back