Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old Commodore 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, on my schools 'free cart', they were giving away a Commodore 64 keyboard (front intact, back has been removed, motherboard is in good condition with U1 missing), but no other parts or accessories. Is this something I should look at selling? I was planning to desolder a few connectors off it and toss the rest but Id heard that it may be worth something whole.

They were actually pretty good little computers. I still have mine, several disk drives to go with them. Figured might be good brains for a robot or something. Pretty, weird, but I have kept every computer I have ever built or bought, except a 386 I donated to a friend's kid.

Anyway, not all the sockets or holes were filled on the boards, so it might be 'good', but not much use without the power supply or cables. Doubt it would be worth looking for a buyer though, a microcontroller can do pretty much everything the whole board did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back