Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

old circuit boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel.jay

hello i am an appliance tech, we repair all kinds of different makes and models of appliances.

Now we either throw out alot of circuit boards due to being faulty or damaged i was just wondering if there is anything that i could be doing with these boards if i could possibly sell the components off of them or just really anything that we could be doing with these boards instead of just throwing them out.

Not really. You can desolder boards very quickly with a heat gun, but the second hand components are then questionable, and could not be used in professional equipment. For hobbiests they can be used, but I doubt you would get much for them. What sort of components are you talking about?

Andrew

Its useless Joel you forgot to mention that half of the new stuff has a Gel like substance flooding all of the components making them totally unusable unless you want to spend countless hours picking away the gell off of the components.
I know this because a good mate of mine is the same and he brang me a big box full of stuff like that and the newer stuff was flooded with this hard gel like stuff that was thick and hard enough to make life difficult for people that wanted to pinch those parts.
It didnt stop me ripping off the very nice speed controller mosfets with heatsinks that normally cost 6 dollars each, I got 50 of them but took me hours to clean the Gel crap off plus countless 7 segment displays which seem like the only thing that wernt coated in this toffee like crap.
I'm sure you would be able to sell the items you have but not for very much because of the time it would take to make the parts usable, even of the boards that arnt coated in the gel, they still have to be carefully unsoldered.
If you are into recycling and want to do your part then sell them cheap.
:)

Last edited:
That gel like stuff is either silicone, more more likley hot melt glue. This will peel off when you desolder using the paint stripper. However, it does leave the components a bit glue-y - OK for hobby projects, but not suitable for resale.

Andrew

does anyone know where I can order a small circut board pn:0012A7920L-B02 for a pure digital tecnologies flip camera

Last edited:
hello i am an appliance tech, we repair all kinds of different makes and models of appliances.

Now we either throw out alot of circuit boards due to being faulty or damaged i was just wondering if there is anything that i could be doing with these boards if i could possibly sell the components off of them or just really anything that we could be doing with these boards instead of just throwing them out.

Whats your location? I'm sure if you are semi local to someone on the board, they will gladly take them off your hands.
Heck, I'd be willing to pay for shipping depending on what is being pitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back