Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetle_slayer

I have a few old digital cell phones. Throwing them away seems kinda wasteful, but why keep holding onto them? Any ideas what to do with them? Anyone want them?

Art project... or just blow them up with firecrackers... there are few interesting parts except the battery, and those aren't in good shape by the time you'd junk 'em.

I seem to recall there was some kind of charity drive wanting used cell phones. Don't recall what it was though.

You can donate them to a Abused Women type of charity (can't think of exact names right off hand)

Even with no service, you can still dial 911 with any cell phone that works.

give it to Nostrafus so he can take out that camera or put them in a microwave :) i think the crystal in the lcd turns into plasma and explodes but im not sure, for any other info on cool things to put in microwaves just ask i will be happy to help!

if they're nokia's you could use the lcd display, some nokia displays have been figured out and info is on the net...

Loads of nice smd resistors and stuff in there to extract.
smd leds off course...

perhaps the battery can serve another purpose...

for any other info on cool things to put in microwaves just ask i will be happy to help!

u asked for it . . . ive heard that cops are going to be getting microwave guns, to disable cars on a highspeed chase. this true?

I don't think it is. It's to dangerous, remember all the fuzz about mobiles beeing dangerous due to microwaves, and that's at low power. I don't believe they'll put weapons, based on high power to use in law inforcement

(they need to capture the bad guy, not cook him alive :lol:)

zachtheterrible said:
for any other info on cool things to put in microwaves just ask i will be happy to help!

u asked for it . . . ive heard that cops are going to be getting microwave guns, to disable cars on a highspeed chase. this true?

no way!! super dangerous! also that wouldnt work anyway unless they use a different wave lenth to microwave overns coz microwaves dont (noramally) travel throught metal, ie the body of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back