Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Old CD-Rom Into A CD Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjaguar13

I found some people talking about turning old PC CD-Roms into stand alone CD players. The one guy used a Belkin CD-Rom with remote. Then, the idea of how to control the CD player with no remote. I am looking to get rack mounted CD player and would like to use a CD-rom because it's cheaper. I have no idea how to control it, though. They did begin talking about some PIC that would work, but I couldn't find anything about. Plus, I am not very good at electrics to be able to figure out how to do this on my own without a schematic.

sjaguar13 said:
I found some people talking about turning old PC CD-Roms into stand alone CD players. The one guy used a Belkin CD-Rom with remote. Then, the idea of how to control the CD player with no remote. I am looking to get rack mounted CD player and would like to use a CD-rom because it's cheaper. I have no idea how to control it, though. They did begin talking about some PIC that would work, but I couldn't find anything about. Plus, I am not very good at electrics to be able to figure out how to do this on my own without a schematic.

Have a look at **broken link removed** for one example of how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back