Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ok, let's burn sea water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what frequency and power level they used. Since the origional research was in medical, wouldn't think the power levels very high. But then again chemo-theropy uses near-lethal poisons, radiation theropy, and radical surgery, so guess side-effects of the treatments in cancer research isn't of great concern.

Have to do some searching on this. Tend to go with the balanced equation on this stuff, the output equals the input. Since there are always losses and waste in these processes, usually not worth the effort. But here in Florida, we have lots of ocean, and lots of sunlight, both free. So if a good volume is produced, might be worthwile to pursue.

The process has the classic problem in that Oxygen and Hydrogen are not generated seperately. It's not a stable fuel.

In Florida as anywhere else, if you can generate RF, it normally comes from an electrical supply. Might as well sell it on the grid.

He powered a Stirling engine, congrats. But if the RF transmitter uses 100Watts and the stirling only generates about 10watts, it is a total waste.

Cool topic though.

Krumlink said:
He powered a Stirling engine, congrats. But if the RF transmitter uses 100Watts and the stirling only generates about 10watts, it is a total waste.

Cool topic though.

But Stirling Engines give out 90Watts of awesomeness. ;)

Does this one create 90 watts? That is quite alot if it is.

Yes, yes it does. :p

On a serious note, I hope this guy doesn't go off on one with his burning water fueled by the funding, but instead continues his Cancer research.

HarveyH42 said:
Have to do some searching on this. Tend to go with the balanced equation on this stuff, the output equals the input. Since there are always losses and waste in these processes, usually not worth the effort.
Exacly, they haven't provided an equation or any real scientific edvidence.

What are the products of this 'combustion'?

I think that what's being witnessed is the ionisation of salt water in an RF field, that would make far more sense and it's what I'll believe due to the lack of anyhing else to suggest otherwise.

The test tube probably glows bright greenish yellow - like a sodium street light, the energy out (heat and light) is exactly the same as the energy in (RF).

Hero999 said:
the energy out (heat and light) is exactly the same as the energy in (RF).

well, maybe but I bet a huge percentage of the RF doesn't go into the test tube.

True, although I was only talking about the RF absorbed by the tube.

Its very easy to figure the power in and out, and the reason its not mentioned ( like so many other scams and pipe dreams) is that of course it uses more than it produces.

People must think all radio waves are low energy.

Sam

At the turn of the 20th century, some yahoo got the bright idea to run a clock off a battery. He then connected a small generator (design?) to the clock mechanism, which he used to recharge the battery.

Yes. Really.

He convinced Congress to advance him a $50,000 loan to investigate the design further. Or so I read as a kid. Considering the debacle Congress agreed to fund in Iraq, I find this quite plausible.
kenjj

Patents of that nature (over unity) aren't allowed to be applied for anymore. It's one of the few things (only?) they specifically disallow. If you can sucker some private sector investor to put up money though, it's all about marketing, most investors don't look so close at what they're investing in to smell these kinds of frauds.

yngndrw said:
On a serious note, I hope this guy doesn't go off on one with his burning water fueled by the funding, but instead continues his Cancer research.

Sounds to me like this could be better described as "fantasizing" rather than "research". Just how is the gold or carbon nanoparticles supposed to home in on the cancer cells? If we had a way to do that we'd have a path to deliver any number of toxins to kill the cells. Since cancer cells act so similar to normal cells getting something to affect them differently than normal cells has been the target of the last 20 yrs or so of research. No really great solutions have come up.

Second is there's no RF freq that is transparent to water-saturated carbon-based tissue so that it will penetrate without major heating and suddenly generate lethal heat when it hits tiny amounts of gold or carbon. Basically he's promising "magic" here but we already know a lot about what RF will do.

Oznog said:
Sounds to me like this could be better described as "fantasizing" rather than "research". Just how is the gold or carbon nanoparticles supposed to home in on the cancer cells? If we had a way to do that we'd have a path to deliver any number of toxins to kill the cells.
Well...that's the point. If we had a way to do that, we could do as you say. But we don't- that's why we're trying to find a way by doing this.

Oznog said:
Since cancer cells act so similar to normal cells getting something to affect them differently than normal cells has been the target of the last 20 yrs or so of research. No really great solutions have come up.
And that's why we're trying this. I'm pretty sure most people on this board don't have enough knowledge to know how a cancer cell is different than a normal cell and the potential mechanisms for the nanoparticles binding to the cancer cells over regular cells, especially from our armchairs.

Oznog said:
Second is there's no RF freq that is transparent to water-saturated carbon-based tissue so that it will penetrate without major heating and suddenly generate lethal heat when it hits tiny amounts of gold or carbon. Basically he's promising "magic" here but we already know a lot about what RF will do.
Anything that's more targeted than chemotherapy, is better than chemotherapy. Maybe still a clean sweep, but maybe more useful stuff is left untouched. Let's wait and see...people who are terminally ill have tried crazier things.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not against experimentation- but cancer is such a sensitive subject that presenting these unjustified promises exploits the situation in a totally unethical and immoral manner. It is unlikely his research will be any more effective than the traditional magic rocks, beans, and powders but he's already presenting it knowing people will actually believe in it and support him. If people were believing in his questionable plan for making money buying homes with no-money-down that's one thing, but promising he can save people's loved ones is a far more sensitive subject.

Well from the way I read the article, I don't think that he's giving any unjust promises - I believe it's the journalist who wrote this who is just writing it in the way that they do.

Who knows if the current Cancer Research will find a solution, it most probably won't - But we have to go through many years of finding nothing in order to eventually find the solution. That's just the way luck works.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back