Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ok I've got another "how does this work" video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Ok everyone, remember that video I stumbled across where some falling water and metal cans created 20KV?

Well I've found another curious video, this time involving candle power. The guy sticks a nail into each candle, magnetises them, then connects a positive lead to one nail and a negative lead to the other.
Then he connects the leads to a bulb (and later a motor). When he lights the two candles, the bulb lights up. Brightly too!!!

**broken link removed**

It's a fake surely...

Brian

yeah, this was posted a while back. It has to be fake. Look at how the leads on the alligator clamps are partly outside the frame. It looks to me like the tape was stopped just after he pushes them to the sides.

Why do people waste time with this stuff?

Completly fake.

Andy1845c said:
Why do people waste time with this stuff?

I guess the whole point is to get people attempting the experiment so that they waste their time and the creators of the video get a laugh at their expense.

You could ask the same of why people waste time writing computer viruses I guess.

Brian

I find it quite sad, I'd rather people make decent videos of real experiments.

i see multiple ways he could have done that
1.he didn't show us the bottom of the candles.(there could be batteries in there):D
2. see how he had to perfectly insert the nails.
3. rubbing a magnet back and forth doesn't magnetise,only one way
4. the leads were hanging over the edge.
and finally the bulb turned on straight away.

not sure if this is the case but thought i'd mension it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back