Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ohms Law [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechie

mechie submitted a new article:

Ohms Law - Ohms Law

The relationship between current(I), voltage(V or E), and resistance(R) was discovered

Ohms Law

The relationship between current(I), voltage(V or E), and resistance(R) was discovered by a German scientist named Georg Ohm. This relationship is named Ohms Law in his honor. Ohm found that the current in a circuit varies directly with the voltage when the resistance is constant. Ohm varied the voltage across the resistance and measured the current through it. In each case, when he divided voltage by the current, the result was the same. In short, Ohms Law, which can be stated...

Read more about this article...

my everlasting doubt in current and voltage..
whether voltage can exist without current or vice versa???
can i take it ,voltage is the cause and current is its effect???please clear it..m in situation
of hating ma subjects..

This resource has been removed and is no longer available.

i always imagine that Voltage is an ELECTRIC WATER PUMP (in HP) and water is the CURRENT, PIPE is CONDUCTOR :D cheers

In dealing with Ohm's law, I hate rote memory, but yea, it is inevitable!

To simplify Ohm's law in my head, I always start off alphabetically;
"E" always comes before "I", which always comes before "R".

Thus, E = IR.

The remaining relationships can be easily worked out using Algebra.

I = E/R (divided both sides of the equation by "R")

R = E/I (divided both sides of the equation by "I")

And introducing "P" (power) into the equations;

P = IE (simple as apple "pie"!)

Substituting I = E/R, into the "P=IE" equation,

P = E/I x E = (E squared) divided by I.

... And all sorts of permutations of these two basic equations can be manipulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back