Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ohmite vt2 variac documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon12

I was recently given this transformer ohmite vt2, are there any documentation on how to connect and use this device..

It's a variable transformer, it's self evident how to use it, and looking at pictures on-line the connection details and specs are printed on it.

Basically AC in, and variable AC out - it's a uni-transformer, so non-isolated.

Self evident!! When I was five I got out of the bath stood in front of the and noticed a shiny two pronged metal thing it was self evident that this belonged in matching receptical. I remember seeing molten metal pour from the socket fingers burned to the bone.
You should be careful how you use this term.
Thanks for the input.

You don't instructions with a screwdriver either :D

If you don't know how to use either, you shouldn't be messing with them - it's a variable transformer, that's all there is to know apart from the details written on the side of it.

Casual looking, I did not find the datasheet, Here https://www.alliedelec.com/m/d/c2ef2b968e8ee6b0e21473fb969a623c.pdf is a datasheet for a brand of variable autotransformers. Variac is a brand name.

If I'm correct based on what other people have said, it's a single winding transformer that gives variable output. The voltage can be higher than the input.

You MUST fuse the wiper. You can optionally fuse the input. Sencore fused both.

People that service electronics combine the non-isolated variable auto-transformer with meters and an isolation transformer to work on certain equuipment. Tube and high-power audio is a prime example.

You don't instructions with a screwdriver either :D

If you don't know how to use either, you shouldn't be messing with them - it's a variable transformer, that's all there is to know apart from the details written on the side of it.
Screwdrivers for jabbing ******** like you in the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back