Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ohm (underscored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Huster

I notice that the various versions of Infopop interpret the writing of ohm (or maybe its only after following a number such as 47 ohms or 47ohms) as a blue underscored ohm. Example is in the OP of https://www.electro-tech-online.com...er-pcbs-developing-s-c-between-layers.14875/#

Just as interesting, it's clickable and sends you to the top of the thread.

And if I look at my posting, the plural doesn't do that. It has to be something like "1 ohm". And if you right-click to check the properties, it shows up as the URL for the thread, which is why it goes to the top of the thread. So, the only question is, why does Infopop intrepret "ohm" as the thread's URL?

Anyone know why this happens or if in can be eliminated?

Re: <a href=

Dean Huster said:
I notice that the various versions of Infopop interpret the writing of ohm (or maybe its only after following a number such as 47 ohms or 47ohms) as a blue underscored ohm. Example is in the OP of https://www.electro-tech-online.com...er-pcbs-developing-s-c-between-layers.14875/#

Just as interesting, it's clickable and sends you to the top of the thread.

And if I look at my posting, the plural doesn't do that. It has to be something like "1 ohm". And if you right-click to check the properties, it shows up as the URL for the thread, which is why it goes to the top of the thread. So, the only question is, why does Infopop intrepret "ohm" as the thread's URL?

Anyone know why this happens or if in can be eliminated?

It's deliberately written into the BBS software by the Administrator, it's not a function of phpBB - try the test I just did on my phpBB at .

As to WHY he did it?, I haven't got as clue?.

It's funny that you can't even read this post. Well, it took me a little bit of figuring out, but I obviously got to it. :) If you click on the subject in the message board list, it sends you back to the top of the list, instead of opening this thread. You have to click on the little tiny white paper icon beside the author's name in the "Last post" column. Not that this write-up does any good for the people outside wondering how to read this. But still interesting. :)

Perhaps it's an aptitude test :lol:

haha, well some people are ripping their hair out!, lets make this topic very long so that people think they are really missing somming! [mean streak, me? no?]

Let's aim for at least enough replies so that it's always on the front page, and it gets long enough to span two pages. That way it gets two numbered links that don't go anywhere. ^_~

it was prolly done for google-bots so if some1 googles for ohm, there is soo many links at this forum on that, that this forum is at ther top of the search

I was quick, also, to figure out how to access my own OP! That ended up being quite a surprise and it is causing a bit of a flurry, isn't it? :)

Sorry. The whole question was quite innocent and serious. It's turning out to be something else entirely!

Dean

pittuck said:
haha, well some people are ripping their hair out!, lets make this topic very long so that people think they are really missing somming! [mean streak, me? no?]

Yes. I like your sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back