Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh snap! What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOneShotAway

Hey! Just joined the forum, hope to get things going and fit in with the rest.
I had this this bugging me for a long time - not knowing what subjects there are in the Electronics and Telecommunication (?) I can learn, in addition to the stuff that I learn in school. My main goal is to study at home and gain more knowledge in these subjects. I got stuck with searching for resources on the web, that's probably because it's hard for me to translate the subjects that are being taught in class (I'm a 12th grader from Israel, and it seems that things are different worldwide, at least for me ).
Okay, so I really need directions on what I can study next (By my self on the computer or from books, whatever!).

subjects that I've learned and still study -
Micro electronics - computer engineering: pretty primitive stuff, Basic C, Assembly for the 8051 micro controller.

Telecommunication - AM/FM modulation, PAM and other digital modulations that I don't remember, lol; There is also "Noise" that is basically calculations of the noise effect in the circuit; Oscillators, like the Clapp, Hartley and the Colpitts oscillator circuits.

Logical gates, Transistors and basic electronics. Although we haven't studied AC voltage, capacitors and coils.

Ohh, yeah, circuit of an oscilloscope, its functions, really in depth stuff!.

After this long thread, Hope that you guys really can help me .

Thanks in advanced, Daniel.

Hi Daniel
Welcome to ETO :D
Sounds like you are stuck in a corner with not knowing what it is that you don't know - if you see what I mean!
Probably it's best to decide on something that interests you in particular, and go with that. You can gain a lot of general knowledge from one line of enquiry.

Hi Daniel
Welcome to ETO :D
Sounds like you are stuck in a corner with not knowing what it is that you don't know - if you see what I mean!
Probably it's best to decide on something that interests you in particular, and go with that. You can gain a lot of general knowledge from one line of enquiry.
Exactly :). There isn't really a certain subject that interests me more :(, I guess that they're all equal. And suggestions? if so, any pointers and resources? Thanks!

Well, I can tell you my approach. I decide on something I want, then I try to design and build it. This becomes a very long process involving asking lots of questions here, and learning a load of stuff I never even thought of!

Well, I can tell you my approach. I decide on something I want, then I try to design and build it. This becomes a very long process involving asking lots of questions here, and learning a load of stuff I never even thought of!
May I ask, what do you mean by design and build? Like building your circuit? or start-up level kind of stuff

Well, for example, I decided I wanted a better dmm than the one I've got, having very little money though I thought I could build one cheaper than I can buy. So I did some research, came up with a design, got some help here, found out what a huge task it actually is... yeah I've still got a long way to go, but I have learnt a huge amount along the way with researching how to do parts of it and the answers I have had to questions here that were to do with it. So now I know nearly everything I need to know, I just need get my backside into gear and implement it.
More recently, I decided I wanted to control a motor to follow a foot pedal, but using optical feedback, so I designed a circuit to do that. Again a learning process is involved, and I had some real help here with that. And I've discovered a real unexpected problem with my design (I should have spotted it from the start but I am lazy), so more for me to learn resolving that.
And sometimes I just want to understand how something works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back