Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Off the medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

Now that I'm off the medication, I feel I must report on the behaviour of M3 nuts, as found when trying to find a couple in the odd nuts and bolts tub.
Can't the little buggers dig! There they are, lying on the surface, and all you have to do is reach for them and they're gone! Sometimes you can see little spurts of washers coming up to mark where they are, but you never seem to be able to catch them.
Any comments on this?

Oh brother! You need to get back on your medication. If all I had to worry about in life was the behavior of M3 nuts sinking to the bottom of a drawer or a box, I'd could then say that I've experienced everything this world had to offer and was now ready to join the choir invisible.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The most important thing is to NOT PANIC! Although the nuts have burrowed away from your immediate area, they are still in there. Now, CALMLY tip the contents of the tub onto the floor. Spread them around a little. It should now be possible to find the M3 nuts quickly and effectively. Once you have retrieved the desired nuts, replace the other contents into the tub.

I agree.... moments like that require a cool, calm, level-headed approach to get through the crisis. It's best to remain still, take a deep breath and exhale slooowly through the nostrils while envisioning a pleasant scene in your mind (perhaps bikini-clad girls on a beach). Do not let any mass media hype disuade you in any way. Do not resort to drugs or alcohol. Next, approach the tub of militant behaving hardware with a positive "I can do" attitude and go after the little buggers. If they resist further, obtain a neodymium magnet and teach them the lesson not to fool with you and your new found power. :cool:

If ever there was a moment for my sig line to come to reality.... this is it!!

A usefull tool for beating elusive nuts into submission is a length of plastic guttering.

Empty the box of nuts into the guttering, spread them out to your hearts content to find M3, 6BA, 0.25BSF, (even some with a two start Acme thread if you are so inclined).
When you have found and removed your ideal nuts, just hold the nut storage box to one end of the guttering, tip up the guttering and the nuts will happily slide back into their hiding places.

JimB

"M3 nuts!" said the queen, I'd be king if I had two.

spuffock As an Electronics Expert these M3 nuts should have more respect for you!!! Once you weed out the more rebellious "gang leaders" lock them up for a few days in isolation to teach the others a lesson! They'll soon learn...

Papabravo said:
"M3 nuts!" said the queen, I'd be king if I had two.
Finish the saying for Pete's sake!

Balls! Said the Queen, if I had them I'd be King.
And the King laughed, but not because he had to,
but because he had two!

You know, after reading this corny-ass thread, I think I'm going to a pub after work, down a few and postulate all of this. I'll try not to fall off the bar stool!

Last edited:
The first suggestion was the one. I emptied the tub onto the floor, and they all took off, rarer items in the lead, and emptied themselves down the big crack in the floor that the trees made. END OF PROBLEM.

Yep, get back on your medicine.... NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back