Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Off page connectors" in Eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

Hi,

I am used to using "off page connectors" in Mentor Graphics PADS. I see in EAGLE I can label a wire with the net name, but that doesn't really look that nice since it's a wire hanging out in the middle of nowhere with some text. Is there anything in EAGLE that works like the off page connectors in other programs?

I'm wanting something that looks like below, with the text inside a nice little flag so you can see if something is an input or output:

**broken link removed**

In Supply 2 go to V -> or V <-

Add them to your schematic and relabel the value/name as appropriate.

I just made my own symbol by copying them.

John

Off board labels

Hi speakerguy,

you might use the supply lbr to add a new device.

1. Open the library
2. Click new symbol
3. draw the symbol using your preferred layer
4. put text >VALUE into the symbol
5. save
6. create device

When placing in the schematic the text will read "VALUE". Change text to read the correct label by changing it's value.

To John,

you seem to be a born instructor. :D

Hans

Attachments

• ARROWS.jpg
    ARROWS.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 830
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back