Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd message on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Some weeks ago, my granddaughter used my computer to download podcast onto my ipod
since then whenever I start my computer, I see the following error message.

Applesync.exe entry point not found

The message reads ' the procedure entry point XMLTEXTREADERCONST Name could not be located in the dynamic link library
File Number LIBXML2.DLL

Does anyone know how I can stop this happening?

Any assistance would be appreciated

If Mike's link doesn't work, usually the problem can be solved by uninstalling and re-installing the program. NEVER download the .dll file from a 3rd party source--that's asking for trouble. If re-installing the program doesn't fix it, you'll have to find the .dll file directly from the publisher.

I've run into similar problems with some of the programs I use on my laptop, so this is not new to me. I've been through this process several times ;)

Good luck!
Matt

Thanks Matt,
MIke's link did work, but I have not tried fix the computer yet.

Actually, I'm helping a neighbour (she wrote the initial post).

She does not want to re-install the programme. But she does want to stop the window appearing.

She's going to Sydney tomorrow so I won't be able to attempt the repair until next week.

Len

She does not want to re-install the programme. But she does want to stop the window appearing.

I'm afraid you might HAVE to re-install the program to stop the window from appearing. The window is saying that part of the program is missing, and probably the only way to fix it is to re-install it. It'll take 5 minutes or so, I don't know why she wouldn't want to re-install it. It'll be worth it.

Matt

I'm afraid you might HAVE to re-install the program to stop the window from appearing. The window is saying that part of the program is missing, and probably the only way to fix it is to re-install it. It'll take 5 minutes or so, I don't know why she wouldn't want to re-install it. It'll be worth it.

Matt

Thanks Matt,
The reason she does not want to re-install is because she does not need the programme now.
However, I expect that she will be happy to re-install & then un-install if it does the job.
Len

Hi,

Yeah it could be a corrupt DLL or a faked DLL or an outdated DLL. Either way it seems to be finding the DLL file but not the routine in that DLL so a new DLL seems to be needed. Sometimes they are on the install disk so you might try installing the DLL by itself or else look in a Cab file for that DLL if possible. You might also have to install from a different operating system if the DLL is in use and you cant stop it from being used so you can install a new one, or maybe from 'safe' mode.

What we hope is that this is the DLL that is bad and it's not a whole chain of DLL's. Sometimes one is bad and once you fix that, you get another error in a different DLL, then another, etc., until all the DLL's are fixed. As Matt pointed out, it's usually simpler to reinstall the program from scratch that way any registry errors will get fixed too. A reinstall sometimes has it's drawbacks, but sometimes that's the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back