Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

odd behavior with subscribed threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
it's been several times now in the past few weeks, that i get an email saying a new post has been added to a thread i am subscribed to, but the last post in the thread is several days to several weeks old.
Code:
Dear unclejed613,

Ste56phanief has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Variable Sine Wave Generator Design - in the General Electronics Chat forum of Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free.

This thread is located at:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/variable-sine-wave-generator-design.99236/

Here is the message that has just been posted:
My interest is peakedImage: http://www.anuz.info/jie6.jpg

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
which arrived last night

or this one:
Code:
Dear unclejed613,

Bri56anjh has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Adjustable AC voltage - in the Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews forum of Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free.

This thread is located at:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/adjustable-ac-voltage.127406/

Here is the message that has just been posted:
well assorted electric shops.

Image: http://www.anuz.info/jie6.jpg

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
which arrived on sunday 02sep12

the first one, was 3 days old, the second one was 10 days old

hi Jed,
Not sure why you are getting 'old' reminders.? but I can tell you that both of these users are spammers and have been Banned some time ago.

Eric

Last edited:
Hi,

This happened to me a couple times too. I had gotten old messages that stated that they were just posted. Very strange. Just got one about a week ago but last time before that was probably 6 months ago or more.

My guess was that someone posted to an older link, then a moderator eliminated that last message but it's probably more likely something strange in the site software causing this. It's not a huge problem though.

My take: A spammer posted. You got notified. The moderators removed the post, so when you look it's gone. Retractable emails is possible with certain corporate systems and only within their servers. You can basically tell by inspection that it's spam.

Hi Keep,

Yes that was my guess too, but i was waiting for a moderator to confirm or not. If it is the software i would think the site workers would want to look into it. But again this isnt such a huge problem as it only seems to happen once in maybe 6 months or more.

Unclejed.... The second was on the 31st of august, but when we delete the post it reverts back to the previous post which was on the 19th of august.

The first was yesterday... But you wont see them......

I suppose when we delete them, its too late to stop the "subscribed notification"... I can't think of a way round this...

Last edited:
Hi there Ian,

Thanks for the reply and info. So that's what it is :)

Also, is there a way to turn off subscribes for a while, like say a few days, then back on?

Last edited:
looking at the 2 notifications i pasted in the first post, i can see that there was some spam payload in those two messages. makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back