Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Octal Inverter/Hex Inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtiboy2001

Hi Everybody,

Can someone please explain the difference between an octal inverter and a hex inverter? Would I use either of these to "invert" the positive and GND to motor controller if I wanted the motor to go forward and reverse?

Thanks everyone!!

An inverter is probably the simplest logic device you will come across. It has one input, and one output. If you put in a logical HIGH signal, you get a logical LOW at the output, and if you put in a logical LOW, you get a logical HIGH out of it.

A "hex" inverter is simply 6 inverters in one chip. An "octal" inverter has 8 inverters in one chip.

So how can I create a step motor controller which will allow the motor to go forwards and backwards? Wouldn't I need something to "invert" the current? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back