Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

obstacle detection with 8051, urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobhit_goel10

Hi I am trying to make an obstacle detection robot. Can I get some inf abt which sensor to use and how?

I have interfaced two stepper motors with 8051 microcontroller and now I was hoping to add obstacle detection by using a sensor to interrupt 8051 and make it turn.

Please help, thanks..

Do you really have to ask blueroom?

shobhit, the easiest sensor to add at the last minute like this is a simple wire bumper attached to a small switch. Put the bumper in the front of the robot and when the switch is actuated you stop, back up a bit, turn 90 degree's and try to move forward again. The easiest kind of switch I can think of is a little roller arm switchs that are used in printers as paper detectors. They have small arms on them and are extremely sensitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back