Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Object Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapkawiman

Not sure if this is the right place to post this I have searched and looked thru pages and not found what I am looking for. If there is somewhere else this needs to be I would gladly move it.

What I am looking to buy/build is a video camera that will follow an object. I want to track and record an object like a car on a track. I would like it to track it first then figure out how to zoom in and out on the object as it moved further and closer. I would like it so that the object I am tracking has a sensor to track it so as the camera does not get the obect I am following confused with other objects around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Or if I should look somewhere else point me in that direction.

Thank You

I have not done any work in this field, but I think this would require a camera backed up by a computer. Tracking objects within a video frame is a well established technology. Here's some background info:Video tracking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps we need to develop the right search key words for this. I used "tracking objects in video"

Thanks For The Reply

Seems like all the information I have found on this seam to be with tracking an object within the frame of a still camera. All of the tracking systems that I have found seem to deal with frame matching. I am looking for something that would use a mount with some kind of a system that has servos built into a head unit that would follow a transponder mounted on a object. I would think that would be cheaper than a systemwith a special camera to follow it rather that just a sensor with servos.(Just guessing)???

A video camera will likely need a proscessor to match the frames, making the device big and bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back