Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

object following robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atntias

hi,
i had an idea for a robot that would walk after a person or a moving traget.
i think it can be implemented by ultrasonic/infrared proximity detectors.
but do you know any other sensor that can be used to track a specific target within a small range???

So it is basically a object tracker?

My Idea for you is to mount a seprate set of "eyes" on a servo and that can track the object while the body lines up with the "eyes". Infrared has a very wide viewing angle and is cheap, and Ultrasonic is more expenisive, has a narrow viewing angle, and takes up more power than IR. Chose wisely young grasshoppa!

The Robot head and robot body configuration is called "horse and rider". Google it!

A walking robot can be slow, costly, and hard to configure. IF your walking robot had,say 4 legs, it would need 8 servos! 4 to rotate the legs and the other 4 to articulate them. Wheel and caster can be easy to minipulate, but walking can climb over much steeper terrain.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back