Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Object detection sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

hi , i am in search of a sensor that would detect object like small parcels moving on a conveyor belt. i am not sure which sensor to use. I am not interested in IR sensors and i am finding an alternative for it. some body gave me idea of a tachometer but i couldn't find the related information about it. can u tell me which sensor is best suited for this practical and also its details as well. thanks.

Sir, basically my objective is that an object like a parcel is passing and i want to detect its presence. like you can say that it crosses a laser beam and i get a signal on my computer that an object has just crossed the sensor like we see in banks that at night if some body crosses the boundary restricted an alarm is on and a signal is sent to relevant people.

same is the case here. i am mainly concerned with the signal that i am going to receive when the objects passes through that sensor. i hope you get my point.

What you want is multiple oriented barcode scanners. Parcels will need to have them attached if you want identification of the item. Sort of a supermarket register scanner on a conveyor belt.

A laser pointer beam interrupted by the parcel can also detect its passing. The sensor is a simple phototransistor, and industrial electronic supply stores have a bunch waiting for you.

what is the operation of a photo transistor and how does this thing work??
give me any link or source to get information only related to this sensor and also its practical applications.

Since the motor is not likely a source of infrared interference, the problem "caused" by the motor will be common to all forms of electronics.

Whether your circuit is optical or ultrasonic, your circuit will need to be properly designed to control external noise.

I would like to suggest to you, dominator, to use a simple Infra Red transmitter and reciver.

This would certainly be the best solution as it is dirt cheap. I have actually done a project of this nature in campus and can find the report for you tommorrow if you are interested.

How is the AC motor causing difficulties?

StudentSA, i am interested in the report. it would be good that if i get complete information regarding IR sensors. i want to make an IR sensor of my own and would love to test it on the conveyor instead of buying a fabricated IR sensor which is very expensive. so a circuit diagram of IR sensor and related information might do the trick.

AC motor is actually causing fluctuations and due to earthing problems the sensor does not work properly. i think a proper insulation of the IR sensor is required from the conveyor belt in order to get efficient results.

also do u have any idea about PLC ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back